- What is bona fide retirement?
What is bona fide retirement?
IPERS members who retire and receive benefits before age 70 must have a bona fide retirement before they may return to IPERS-covered employment.
A bona fide retirement means:
- You have submitted a retirement application and IPERS has approved it.
- You have left employment with all IPERS-covered employers, including non-covered positions with covered employers.
- You are receiving retirement benefits.
- You have followed the time restrictions for providing services for an IPERS-covered employer.
Visit the Returning to Work page or review the bona fide retirement flyer for additional information.